SDI is the enabler for the cloud revolution and the fundamental building block for richer services like Platform As A Service (PaaS), Software As A Service (SaaS), Data Base As A Service (DBaaS), etc. LEG Members have agreed to put together resources and focus on making Aarch64 a best in class citizen in the SDI communities and a well supported architecture from booting up to running a wide range of workloads at scale.
SDI relies on multiple key technologies:
- Hypervisors and containers, e.g. KVM, Xen, LXC, LXD, etc.
- Storage, e.g. Ceph, HDFS, Gluster, Swift
Key Deliverables: High Level Deliverables
- Enablement: establish OpenStack foundation environment for continuous integration and performance profiling, using the upstream test suites and tooling. Provide ongoing reporting of findings for members and SDI community.
- CI testing with upstream releases of OpenStack (Core)
- Performance testing with OpenStack Rally benchmark of OpenStack (Core)
- Benchmarking and Profiling: perform OpenStack compute, storage and networking testing for performance, scaling and capacity. Identify areas of optimization for the AArch64 platform.
- Performance and scaling optimizations for Compute
- Performance and scaling optimizations for Storage
- Capacity and scaling optimizations for Networking
- Containers: Provide Docker containers and registry, for use in a SDI (software defined Infrastructure) for the AArch64 platform. Incorporation of kubernetes for management of containerized applications (such as murano+heat or magnum)
- ARM architecture Docker Containers and registry
- Management of containerized applications
- SDI Work Load
- SDI Mailing List: linaro-sdi ([email protected])
- SDI irc channel: #linaro-openstack
- SDI Project Bugs
- SDI Project Patches
- SDI Documentation
- Governance: LEG-SC
- Mailing list: [email protected]