Mobile AOSP Optimization
The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is the foundation for Android based devices. It is a central goal to Linaro that the ARM based mobile ecosystem through AOSP, and more directly Android products, have a more superior user experience than Android products based on other CPU architectures.
The Mobile AOSP Optimization Lead Project serves as the focus of LMG Engineering. The scope of Optimizations in this project covers the range of devices from those with modest amounts of memory and CPU(s) to those with more generous amounts of RAM with big/LITTLE SoC implementations. Optimizations do not refer to just those improvements in CPU performance but also include reducing the amount of RAM consumed by the system, improved Power Management, Thermal management, off-load to dedicated hardware, improvements that enable developers, I/O for Mobile form factors, file systems and so on.
- Patches, include with Member Linaro Confectionary Release (M-LCR)
- Governance: Linaro Mobile Group Steering Committee (MEMBERS ONLY)
- Mailing lists: Android Developer
- Engineering: Linaro Mobile Group Engineering Wiki
- JIRA Project: Project Summary
- LMG Engineering Team