The Linaro Toolchain Working Group is pleased to announce the release of Linaro QEMU 2011.11.
Linaro QEMU 2011.11 is the latest monthly release of qemu-linaro. Based off upstream (trunk) QEMU, it includes a number of Arm-focused bug fixes and enhancements.
New in this month’s release:
- The Arm vexpress-a9, versatilepb, versatileab and realview-* boards now have audio support (thanks to Mathieu Sonet who contributed a PL041 implementation upstream)
- Support for multiple instances of the “-sd” option on the command line has been dropped; this was never present in upstream QEMU and has been removed for consistency. Use “-drive,if=sd,index=N,file=file.img” for N=0,1,2… instead
- Fixes LP: #886980: 8 and 16 bit reads from the OMAP GPIO module would crash due to an infinite recursion
- Fixes LP: #823902: problems running multithreaded programs in linux-user mode
- Graphics do not work for OMAP3 based models (beagle, overo) with 11.10 Linaro images.
- This release of qemu-linaro is known not to work on Arm hosts. (See LP: #883133, #883136)
NB: if you run QEMU on a host system without properly configured audio you might find that QEMU now hangs at some point; you can fix this by fixing your host system, or work around it by setting the environment variable QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none. If you build from source you may now want to pass configure a suitable –audio-drv-list=LIST option.
The source tarball is available at: http://launchpad.net/qemu-linaro/+milestone/2011.11
Binary builds of this qemu-linaro release are being prepared and will be available shortly for users of Ubuntu. Packages will be in the linaro-maintainers tools ppa: http://launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers/+archive/tools/
More information on Linaro QEMU is available at: http://launchpad.net/qemu-linaro