The Linaro Android Platform Team, Period Jan. 11 to Jan. 18
Next week is 12.01 Release Week and the Android Team is hard at work with their blueprints. The 4.6 toolchain has been released, and there are pre-releases of Android ICS already working on most boards. The bug list has been cleansed and is being worked on. Two presentations have been accepted for ABS and ELC respectively and one is on the waiting list to ABS. Here is a summary of this weeks progress:
Key Points for wider discussion
- Toolchain release done.
- 12.01 preview has been released and tested.
- Bug cleanup is completed. Only bugs reconfirmed on ICS remain.
- Good progress on “Create DS-5 Documentation and a Presentation”.
- Progress on cameraHal for snowball VideoConferencing Demo.
- Very good progress on OMX IL for ICS on Origen.
- The “Binary Blobs Attack!!!” BoF session accepted at ELC.
- Presentation “Integrating projects using their own build system into the Android build system” accepted at ABS.
- 900508 GLMark2 not available on ICS.
- 913945 Powertop not available on ICS.
- 860518 Snowball: Turning ON WiFi gives “Error” message. Unable to use WLAN feature.
- 877280 Samsung Origen WIFI can’t pass the “enable-disable” repeat test.
- 915434 vexpress: ECM does not set DNS address.
- Abhishek absent (Republic day,India), 26th to 27th Jan.
- Kejun Zhou absent (public holiday) from 20th to 30th Jan.
- Testers must get antennas for Snowball to test BT, WLAN.