The evolution of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG) began in 2013 with interest from existing club and core members and a project sponsored by Comcast to design and implement a reference implementation of the OpenEmbedded RDK. This project demonstrated the value of the Linaro model and LHG began work, focusing on technical requirements in the following broad areas:
- Kernel (Linaro LSK, OE/Yocto, Android)
- Media Framework (RDK GStreamer/Android Stagefright, HTML5)
- User Interface (HTML5, Qt, Webkit, Blink)
- Security (TrustZone, DRM, crypto, W3C EME)
- Test and validation (LAVA, CI)
For more information about LHG, please visit https://wiki.linaro.org/LHG.