- About Linaro
The Graphics Working Group aims to improve the Android and Linux graphics stack for current and future GPUs used in modern ARM devices like smart phones, tablets and netbooks. We also work to advance the use of General Purpose computing on GPUs.
Graphics in the most recent release - 13.09
The Graphics working group has included a mix of essential updates and new work for future solutions including dma-buf changes for 3.12, Common Display Framework (CDFv3) prototyping and implementation on member hardware, an update of libjpeg-turbo including a refresh for Android plus new ARMv8 support, and an initial libpng port of NEON acceleration to intrinsics.
WHAT WAS DONE?
- libpng - initial port of NEON acceleration to intrinsics
- libjpeg-turbo - refresh for android and new armv8 support
- IDCT - Fast
- IDCT - slow
- IDCT_4x4 pixel o/p from 8x8
- IDCT 2x2 pixel o/p from 8x8
- yuv to RGB conversion for24 and 32 bit depths
- dma-buf changes for 3.12
- Expose buffer size to userspace (v2)
- Check return value of anon_inode_getfile
- cma-ion: fix an issue while access from CPU to memory
- Initial patches for VE with DRM on pl111
- MIPI DSI bus registeration using DT
- ongoing: hwcomposer hal implemented with KMS
Current and Future Roadmap Cards
We use jira as our project management system.
IRC: #linaro-gfx, #linaro on irc.freenode.net
Unified Memory Management Interest Group
IRC: #linaro-mm-sig on irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net
List subscription info here
When: Wednesday, 1300UTC (Be mindful of US daylight saving time
Where: IRC channel: #linaro-meeting onr irc.freenode.net