The Linaro Toolchain Working Group is pleased to announce the 2011.10 release of both Linaro GCC 4.6 and Linaro GCC 4.5.
Linaro GCC 4.6 2011.10 is the eighth release in the 4.6 series. Based off the latest GCC 4.6.1+svn179483, it contains a range of vectoriser performance improvements and general bug fixes.
Interesting changes include:
* Updates to 4.6.1+svn179483
* Vectorises more straight-line code with data dependencies
* Now picks the best vector width when vectorising straight line code
* Better handles handling auto increment addresses in SMS
* Changes the default vector width from double word to quad word
* Better handling extracting the top or bottom half of a quad word vector
* Now supports the NEON absolute difference instruction
Linaro GCC 4.5 2011.10 is the fifteenth release in the 4.5 series. Based off the latest GCC 4.5.3+svn179438, this is a maintenance focused release.
Interesting changes in 4.5 include:
* Updates to 4.5.3+svn179438
* LP: #689887 ICE in get_arm_condition_code
The source tarballs are available from:
Downloads are available from the Linaro GCC page on Launchpad:
Interested in commercial support? inquire at [email protected]