Linaro Events Manager, Arwen Donaghey, issued the Call for Participation for Q2.12 Linaro Connect Demo Friday event, in an email to the connect mailing list yesterday. Below is the Call for Participation in full:
Linaro Connect Q2.12 is just around the corner. With a little over 5 weeks until the event I am pleased to announce the call for demonstrations is now open. Taking place on Friday 1 June from 4pm, demonstrations will be set up in the very grand, Grand Ballroom of the Gold Coast Hotel, Hong Kong as part of Linaro Connect Q2.12.
If you’ve not participated or attended previously, you can get an idea of what the event entails by taking a look at the previous events videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/linaroorg
The public is invited to attend and participate in this energetic afternoon. Linaro, its partners, members and community, have created this as a great opportunity to view exciting demonstrations of Linaro builds running on a variety of ARM processor-based boards.
If you or someone you know is interested in presenting a demonstration on Friday 1st June please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Company affiliation
- Title of the demonstration
- Description of demonstration (The demonstration must be Linaro related, and those presenting the demonstration should be able to tell attendees how Linaro is making their product or demonstration better)
- Any equipment requirements
- Participants must be available to set up their demonstration prior to the start of the event and immediately after to close down
- A poster (template attached), which allows attendees to understand all about your demonstration. (Posters must be received by Friday 18 May 2012 in order to guarantee printing)
Please let me know if you have any questions about Demo Friday or Linaro Connect events and I look forward to seeing all your demonstrations. Thanks in advance for your participation.
Now’s your time to show off what you’ve been working on. Send in your Demo Friday submission today.
About Linaro Connect
This coming May, over 200 participants, ranging from kernel hackers to integration engineers to ARM SoC industry executives, will gather in Hong Kong for a week to present, discuss and develop features, infrastructure and optimizations for the Linux kernel, Android, Ubuntu and beyond. Join us at the Gold Coast Hotel and help drive the future of Linux on ARM!
Linaro is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.