Linux Kernel Engineer (Kernel Products)
Linaro’s Kernel Products team is looking for kernel developer(s) with the skill and desire to identify, root-cause and ultimately fix build, boot and/or test regressions within the Linux Kernel. Whether working to improve the Linaro stable kernel or the mainline kernel, the engineer will have to be adept at troubleshooting and finding solutions to problems independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. In this position, you may find issues that span the entire Linux Kernel, bootloader and Linux OS / Android OS stacks and you should be comfortable working on any of them.
Aside from making sure regressions are dealt with, you may also be responsible for creating and/or integrating new tests to validate different kernel subsystems. This position is an excellent opportunity for engineers that want to have an immediate and lasting impact on ARM within the Linux Kernel.
- 5+ years of experience with the Linux kernel; embedded Linux
- Must be innovative and a “self-starter”
- Experience in embedded-system product development and test strategies
- Demonstrated experience creating test plans and creating tests for automation
- Ability to accurately identify system failures and likely causes during log-file analysis
- Experience submitting bug reports and working with development teams to resolve issues.
- Experience with a variety of tools; Jenkins, Buildbot, Jira, Git/Gerrit
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering or related job experience
- Experience being convincing enough to get patches and bugs accepted into open source projects
- Experience submitting and reviewing upstream patches
- Familiarity with open source test software projects; ltp, etc…
- Demonstrated upstream development contributions and comfortable working remotely
- History of Linux Kernel contributions
- Experience shipping Linux-based embedded-systems
- Experience using Linaro LAVA to perform system verification
Number of openings