Kernel Working Group
One of the major tasks in Linaro’s Kernel Working Group is upstreaming the kernel components of the Android kernel, thus reducing the delta between Android and kernel.org kernels. To accomplish this, we are looking for 2-3 engineers to take on different portions of the patch set. There are a number of areas that we are working on: bluetooth, FIQ debugger, ION,
This work will include:
- Reviewing existing patches, understanding new subsystems
- Working with both Android developers and the upstream community to rework and submit patches, take review feedback and iterate.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Creativity, and the ability to think of alternative approaches to implement needed functionality.
- Strong technical communication skills
- Some experience and comfort with interacting with the upstream community would be ideal.
- Good generalist in the kernel, not afraid to look and learn about new subsystems.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at a time.
- Ideally a self-driven developer, who will grasp project’s goals and find appropriately related tasks to fill time when patches are waiting review.
- Comfort working in both kernel and userspace
- Ideally some familiarity with Android userspace build systems and AOSP process
- Experience with one or more of the following kernel driver stacks and technologies: bluetooth, KDB/KGDB, ARMv8, graphics and frame buffer drivers