- Investigate optimizations in following areas
- fdlibm – C math library for machines that support IEEE 754 floating-point
- sqlite – SQLite is a software library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine
- guava – The Guava project contains several of Google’s core libraries that we rely on in our Java-based projects: collections, caching, primitives support, concurrency libraries, common annotations, string processing, I/O, and so forth.
- System boot time reduction (hibernate, etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Very good knowledge of Android middleware components (interfaces and usage)
- Handson experience in using AOSP sources to build and boot Android on hardware platforms.
- Profiling and benchmarking Android components to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the same.